Since the start of the pandemic, MSPs have faced extraordinary challenges—in many cases, carrying the burden of responsibility for ensuring their customers are able to continue operating in the face of an uncertain and constantly changing business environment. At the same time, they have also had to adapt their own ways of working in order to continue to operate and survive.
In response to this dramatically changing environment, N-able has launched a benchmarked annual report (in association with Coleman Parkes Research) looking at the role of MSPs and the critical part they play in protecting their customers’ businesses.
This year’s report uncovers some important key points, including:
- MSPs are fast becoming primary targets for cyberattacks—almost all MSPs have suffered a successful cyberattack in the past 18 months and 90% have seen an increase in attacks since the pandemic started
- 82% of MSPs’ customers have seen an increase in attempted cyberattacks
- MSPs are raising security budgets by an average of just 5%
- Automating key functions is critical to making headway against cybercriminals
- While backup is a core offering, only 40% of MSPs are backing up workstations every 48 hours or less—this needs to improve
- With just 40% implementing two-factor authentication (2FA) on their own systems, MSPs still need to focus more on implementing the basics
- Small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) security budgets are increasing, giving MSPs an opportunity to sell more and better services
The reality is that MSPs are doing what they can in an almost untenable landscape. While many are increasing their spending, there are questions as to whether they are increasing it enough to combat the near doubling of direct attacks on MSPs. Read all the details here.
If this information is helpful to you read our blog for more interesting and useful content, tips and guidelines on similar topics. Contact the team of COMPUTER 2000 Bulgaria now if you have a specific question. Our specialists will be assisting you with your query.
Content curated by the team of COMPUTER 2000 on the basis of marketing materials provided by our partners/vendors.
Follow us to learn more
Let’s walk through the journey of digital transformation together.