Public kiosks are now a common feature in various locations such as airports, retail spaces, and medical facilities. They offer easy access to information and services, but they also increase the attack surface and are highly susceptible to cyber-attacks.
Forcepoint Remote Browser Isolation (RBI) is an innovative security solution that protects kiosks (or any endpoint) and the network. By isolating the browsing session in a remote environment, RBI prevents malicious code from infiltrating the kiosks. Additionally, RBI incorporates Zero-trust Content Disarm and Reconstruction (ZT CDR) technology to sanitize downloaded files, removing ANY potential threats while preserving only benign content. This comprehensive approach safeguards public kiosks from cyber-attacks, protecting user privacy and preventing financial losses.
Here are the five ways Forcepoint RBI safeguards public kiosks:
- RBI protects from malware and phishing attacks: RBI prevents malware and phishing attacks by executing the web session away from the kiosk’s endpoint device, in an isolated environment. If a user inadvertently clicks on a malicious link or visits a compromised website, the potential rbI threats are contained within the isolated browsing session, unable to penetrate the kiosk or compromise the network.
- RBI sanitizes downloaded documents: By combining RBI with Zero-trust Content Disarm and Reconstruction (ZTCDR) technology, RBI ensures downloaded documents onto the kiosk are free from malware. Zero-trust CDR analyzes documents, removes potentially malicious elements, and preserves only benign elements. Advanced techniques strip off embedded threats, such as hidden scripts or malware, and sanitized documents are reconstructed in a safe and secure format, eliminating potential risks and vulnerabilities. This process ensures that downloaded documents are safe for use on the kiosk, protecting against advanced malware including Zero-day threats.
- RBI protects against Zero-day exploits: Public kiosks often run-on older software versions or may have unpatched vulnerabilities, making them susceptible to zero-day exploits. RBI mitigates this risk by executing web content in a secure remote environment, reducing the attack surface for zero-day exploits and providing an additional layer of defense. See the RBI Healthcare Solution Brieffor more.
- RBI simplifies security management: Implementing RBI in public kiosks simplifies security management for organizations. Since the web content is executed remotely, there is no need to continuously update and patch the kiosk’s browser or operating system. This reduces maintenance overhead and ensures that security measures are always up to date, protecting against emerging threats. Read the RBI Datasheet fo get more into the technical details.
- RBI provides a seamless user experience: Forcepoint RBI not only provides security for public kiosks but also ensures a seamless and intuitive browsing experience for users. With RBI, users can browse websites and interact with web-based apps without any performance issues or clunky browser experiences. This allows users to confidently use public kiosks, knowing that their online activities are protected from cyber threats while enjoying a smooth and productive browsing experience. Check out the RBI Solution Brief to see more about this.
Forcepoint RBI with Zero-trust CDR is an essential security capability for organizations prioritizing their security stack. By isolating browsing sessions, Forcepoint RBI protects against malware, phishing attacks, and data exfiltration enhances overall security.
If this information is helpful to you read our blog for more interesting and useful content, tips, and guidelines on similar topics. Contact the team of COMPUTER 2000 Bulgaria now if you have a specific question. Our specialists will be assisting you with your query.
Content curated by the team of COMPUTER 2000 on the basis of news in reputable media and marketing materials provided by our partners, companies, and other vendors.
Follow us to learn more
Let’s walk through the journey of digital transformation together.